History of MOBC
Mortdale Baptist Church dates back to 1896 when Mrs George Gaites encouraged Newtown Baptist Church to support the Mortdale Mission, a small group of Christians who held Sunday services in the ‘Hut’.
In 1898 Carlton Baptist Church took charge of the Mortdale Mission and in 1905 the Mortdale Baptist Church was officially formed.
In 1919 the church moved from Pitt Street, Mortdale to its present site on the corner of Boundary Road and Woronora Parade, Oatley.
In 1999 the church embarked on a major redevelopment of its buildings resulting in the spacious, well appointed facilities it now has.