Kids are VIPs at MOBC. Someone once described children as ‘the church of tomorrow’ and, while that is true, MOBC also believes they are an important part of the church today.
MOBC offers a range of activities for children of all ages, including midweek clubs and a specially designed Sunday morning program. All those who work with children on our behalf are asked to complete the appropriate Working with Children Check and expected to conform to the church’s Child Safe, Child Friendly Policy.
Our aim is that your children should feel welcome at MOBC and enjoy learning about Jesus Christ, in a safe environment. Below is a list of the current activities for kids at MOBC.
Kidzone is MOBC’s program for children who attend the Sunday Morning Celebration. A range of different groups offers age appropriate fun, games and learning, for babies, infants, pre-schoolers, and boys and girls of primary school age.
A well appointed Cry Room allows for nursing parents to attend to their babies while still enjoying what is taking place in the Sunday Celebration.
Incie Wincies caters for infants, with parents able to stay with their children, if they wish, or leave their children and join the Sunday Celebration.
Teenie Weenies offers games, craft, singing and Bible stories for pre-school children.
Primary school children are divided into 3 groups according to their age - K2, Zone 34, and Zone 56. The morning program is an exciting mix of games, craft, video, and Bible teaching.
Please note that children go straight to their groups upon arrival at MOBC and are welcomed into the Sunday Celebration just before the end.
The aim of Mainly Music is to provide an environment where preschool children develop skills to enhance their preschool education, through the use of music, rhythm, rhyme, and other music-related activities, with the participation of a parent or primary caregiver.
Each week, parents and caregivers bring their children for a thirty minute session of music, rhyme, movement, listening and more. The adults participate in the session, and in fact, it is vital that they do so, because this encourages the children to enter into the actions and singing. At this session, adults and children are given morning tea. This allows time for children to enjoy each others’ company, and to develop social skills. It also allows those adults, who do not have a wide circle of friends, to be introduced to others who have preschoolers and they are therefore able to “learn” from each other
- Preschool children and their caregivers enjoying music, rhyme, rhythm, creative dance and more
- Preschool children developing skills – co-ordination, fine motor movements, large motor movements, social interaction, appreciation of music and musical styles, language development
- Providing children with a structured environment and then a time of free play
- Bringing adult and child together for a time of safe interaction, and in doing so, teaching adults rhymes and songs that can be used at home to help with cleaning up, colours, counting, and more
- An opportunity for parents to network with other parents of preschool children
- In some groups, parenting workshops are held to help build the skills of parents
- In some groups, social activities are planned to help parents socially interact as adults, primarily mothers, however some groups arrange an annual activity for families
- Opportunities for families to be helped – practical needs such as meals, transport, help with shifting house, babysitting
- Celebration of Mothers’ Day and Fathers’ Day – reminding parents that they are undertaking a very important role as parent
In short, Mainly Music is an opportunity for adults and children to spend time together and build memories, sharing special time with each other.
Thursday 10.00am till 11.30am
A fun morning of free play for children and their carers.
B.O.M.B Squad stands for Boys Of Mortdale Baptist and is all about letting boys be boys. The high-octane program of games, craft and outings is for boys in Kinder to Year 6 and runs on Monday evenings during the school term, from 6:30pm until 8pm.
Girlz@MOBC happens on Tuesday evenings during the school term and is for girls in Kinder to Year 6. A varied program of games, craft, cooking, outings and other special events runs from 6:30pm – 8:00pm.